Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Used Laptop donations wanted

As some who read my web log might know I'm involved with a number of organizations trying to get computer hardware in the hands of those less fortunate than those of us who can afford to buy a 1GHz+ notebook.

I've joined up with a group of individuals in both the U.S. and Canada and we've decided to start sending recycled notebooks with K-12 software overseas, but we need donations. If possible we're trying to get as many of the same type as possible in order to minimize the amount of work required to get Linux on the notebooks - that way volunteers installing Linux don't have to learn all the intricacies of configuring the hardware - we can set up a couple and tailor our distribution towards a specific notebook.

If you're a big company looking to unload a bunch of notebooks please contact me at: charm@porchlight.ca

Please note that I have pretty high spam filters, so I may not get all mail, try to avoid spam keywords.

Thanks,

Charles

No comments: